The Church Studio was built in 1915 as the Grace Methodist Episcopal Church and was one of the earliest churches built in Tulsa. In 1928, The Church of the United Brethren in Christ occupied the building until the Mid Forties. Several more churches went on the occupy the building until Leon Russell purchased the building in 1972.
Originally a brick church, the current “castle” stone was placed in the mid-1950’s.. The mysterious-looking stone structure served as a creative workshop for songwriters, musicians, engineers, and singers. Successful and award-winning talent such as Leon Russell, Tom Petty, Michael Bolton, The GAP Band, Kansas, and many more recorded in the studio. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 2017. PandDStudio is responsible for the historic preservation work associated with the Church Studio.
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
STATUS: In Progress
CLIENT: Teresa Knox