Cains Coffee

Cain's Coffee Building was built in 1918 with white glazed brick cladding and in the Art Deco revival style. The five-story building has a full basement and is approximately 50,000 square feet. It was built as a CCC (Citizen's Conservation Corps) project and was most famously the home to Cain's Coffee Company from 1941 to 1961 serving as their primary coffee processing, packaging, and storage facility. Prior to 1941 the building was used as a brewery and manufacturing candy, extracts, mattresses, and furniture.

After Cains moved out, the building was remodeled and occupied by a waterproofing company in the 1970s. Later, in the 1990s, it was converted into a missionary headquarters and additional changes were made. Cains is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Phases. PandDStudio is part of the design and preservation team on the project and providing preservation tax credits application management services. The building is being rehabilitated for offices with sizable space set aside for restaurant and event space.​

LOCATION: Oklahoma City, OK

STATUS: In Progress

CLIENT: Lloyd Holding Group LLC

© 2020 by Preservation and Design Studio, PLLC.     All Rights Reserved