Electrical Transformer House

The OG&E Electric Transformer House was built in 1911 and is significant for its association with community planning and development in the first decades of the twentieth century. The transformer house is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Years of laying quietly dormant no behind it, the building has been successfully rehabilitated and adaptively reused as a commercial building. The first tenant, a yoga studio, called the small, whimsical utility building its home. 

The transformer house project was awarded the Oklahoma State Historic Preservation Officer's Citation of Merit. PandDStudio provided historic preservation design consulting and preservation tax credit application management.

LOCATION: Oklahoma City, OK

STATUS: Completed

CLIENT: Hollacher

© 2020 by Preservation and Design Studio, PLLC.     All Rights Reserved