Built in 1959, the Mager Mortgage Insurance Building is a pre-cast concrete paneled building in the mid-century Modern Movement style. It is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places. With about 3,600 square feet on the primary first story, the building also has a partial basement. It was constructed for the Mager Company, which had already been in business for 50 years before completing their new offices. By 1975 the building was in service as a women’s health clinic which it remained until the late 2000s.
The Mager Building was one of 11 buildings in and around the Automobile Alley Historic District that were rehabilitated and adapted to new uses between 2008 and 2017 for which PandDStudio provided a variety of services such as historical research, National Register nominations, as-built drawings, design and preservation consulting, and preservation tax credits consulting and application processing. The completed project is a veterinarian clinic with a fun and trendy vibe.
LOCATION: Oklahoma City, OK
CLIENT: Midtown Renaissance