Severs Block

Muskogee's Pre-Statehood Commercial Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983 with the Severs Block included as a contributing resource. Constructed in 1903 by Captain Frederick Ballard Severs, the building accommodated the First National Bank of Muskogee. The adaptive reuse redevelopment project provides office and retail space on the first level and 8 affordable apartments on the second level.  After an extensive fire that all but destroyed the entire second level and an incomplete effort at a previous preservation tax credit project, the building was eventually was put back into service to the great celebration relief of the local residents and government officials.

PandDStudio served as the architect of record and historic preservation specialist for the design of the second level space from its historic association as cotton market offices into PandDStudio was awarded the State Historic Preservation Officer's Citation of Merit Award for our work on this certified rehabilitation and preservation tax credit project.

LOCATION: Muskogee, OK

STATUS: Completed

CLIENT: Muskogee Arts District Homes, LP

© 2020 by Preservation and Design Studio, PLLC.     All Rights Reserved