Villa Teresa Boutique Hotel
Villa Teresa Convent and School, an institution in Oklahoma City for over 75 years, was established on a residential block by the Carmelite Sisters of St. Therese in 1933. Gradually, the Sisters purchased several contiguous properties from 1933 to 1970. The first property purchased, a 2-1/2 story Colonial Revival style residence built in 1917-1918, was used as a pre-school and residence for the sisters. To accommodate a growing enrollment and add more grades, additional lots and residences were purchased. By 1970 the campus was comprised of three of the early 20th century homes original to the block, the 1950 school built by the sisters, and the 1967 convent addition to the most stately home. The beloved school shut down in 2012 and has remained in waiting for a new purpose.
PandDStudio is working with new owners on an adaptive reuse design as architects and historic preservation consultants. The soon to new boutique hotel with extensive restaurant offerings, meeting rooms, and mix of contemplative private outdoor rooms and exciting site amenities os anticipated for a 2021 opening. The historic campus is scheduled for listing on the National Register of Historic Places in 2020.
LOCATION: Oklahoma City, OK
STATUS: In Progress
CLIENT: VT Investments & VTOZ Investments